Wget works just fine for me here. The one problem I see is if you need to
complete a form for entry, session login, then it can be a problem. I solve
that by allowing a no login on our development box behind the firewall.

I'm sure it could be done use a post (php has a post class I believe) since
wget can read url inputs from a file.

What doesn't work on your end?

DAve

--