On 10-10-06 09:06 AM, Peter Lind wrote:
On 6 October 2010 15:03, Robert Cummings<rob...@interjinn.com>  wrote:
On 10-10-06 08:52 AM, Peter Lind wrote:

Where exactly do you get the part about double quotes from? Can't seem
to locate it in the any of the relevant specs (xhtml or xml). Also,
never seen an xml or xhtml validator choke on single quotes.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2

I quote: "4.2. Element and attribute names must be in lower case.
XHTML documents must use lower case for all HTML element and attribute
names. This difference is necessary because XML is case-sensitive e.g.
<li>  and<LI>  are different tags."

Where in that do you see anything about double quotes?

Maybe you're thinking of http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.4 - but that
just states quoted, nothing about double quotes vs. single quotes.

Nope, sorry, I had lowercase on the brain. In XHTML you can use single or double quotes :)

*gulps down more coffee*

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.