In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dennis Kaandorp) wrote:

Ah.  I see why you're having trouble: documentation of the 'F' modifier has
apparently be excised from the manual since the preg_replace_callback() has
replaced it in PHP 4.0.5.  If you've got 4.0.5, use the new function
instead.  If you've got an earlier version, here's the info on 'F':

"If this modifier is set, preg_replace() treats the replacement parameter
as a function name that should be called to provide the replacement string.
The function is passed an array of matched elements in the subject string.
NOTE: this modifier cannot be used along with /e modifier; and only
preg_replace() recognizes this modifier."

For example:
$ftpdata['path'] = preg_replace("/(matchtext)/F",
"replace_func",$ftpdata['path']);

function replace_func($arr)
   {

--