Hi Daniel, hi Jonathan, hi folks,

many THX for Your quick replies!

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:46:02 -0400, "Daniel P. Brown"
<daniel.br...@parasane.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 18:38,  <web...@blaettner.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there any other function which checks whether this
> > address really exists?
>
>     Of course not!  Can you imagine the implications, insecurities,
> and privacy concerns that would be associated with that?  Some
> mailservers will confirm or deny if a local address exists, but not
> most --- thankfully.

Yeah, You're right!  After 2 seconds of thinking I got it!

And, on Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:48:55 -0300, Jonathan Tapicer
<tapi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use this class:
> http://www.webdigi.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01
>   /smtpvalidateclassphp.txt
>
> It may not work for some SMTPs.

Many THX !!  I'll give it a try ...

> It uses the concepts explained here:
> http://www.webdigi.co.uk/blog/2009/how-to-check-if-an-email
>   -address-exists-without-sending-an-email/

... after reading this concept  :-)

THX, bye,
greetings to Canada and USA from (now pitch dark) Ol'Germany!

Your Rolf

APPENDIX: My original posting was:

--snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip----snip--

--snap----snap----snap----snap----snap----snap----snap----snap----snap--