On 6 December 2010 17:07, Floyd Resler <fres...@adex-intl.com> wrote:
> They're 2d barcodes.  I did a Google search and really couldn't find
> anything.  After talking with my boss, though, we decided that this project
> would probably take too much time and be frustrating for the users.  We're
> trying to decode barcodes from pictures taken with cell phones.  In testing
> the images are blurry and probably wouldn't be able to be read. However, if
> you happen to know of PHP class that could decode 2d barcodes, I'd still be
> interested in checking it out just in case my boss wants to revisit it.
>
> Thanks!
> Floyd
>
> On Dec 6, 2010, at 11:35 AM, Jason Pruim wrote:
>
>> What kind of barcode?
>>
>> Most of the barcodes I work with only store text that doesn't mean much
>> unless you have the decode algorithm... In other words you need to know
>> where the info is coming from to be able to determine what is stored in the
>> barcode.
>>

>> Jason Pruim
>>
>> On Dec 6, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Floyd Resler <fres...@adex-intl.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a class that can extract information from a barcode
>>> image?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Floyd

The process of scanning an image isn't that difficult to code, but
using PHP for it is probably the wrong tool for the job.

If you need this sort of work, then buy a toolkit.

You can then get the job done a LOT quicker and you support from the
original developer in case of problems.

http://www.dtksoft.com/?p=barreader is one such toolkit (no affiliation - GIYF).

It supports COM so, you can do this on windows easily enough. If you
aren't using windows (why not? Its the best OS around you know ... oh.
sorry. It's not Friday ...)

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend