From: "Gary" <gp...@paulgdesigns.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 13, 2010 17:47
Subject: [PHP] empty() in email message
To: <php-general@lists.php.net>

I have an email message

$msg =  'Name: $fname ' . ' $lname\n'
. "Phone: $phone\n"
. "Email: $email\n"

and it works fine, however in this message there are about 30 variables that
are being called...as such

. "Order: beefschnitzel $beefschnitzel\n"
. "Order: beefstrips $beefstrips\n"
. "Order: cheesesausage $cheesesausage\n"
. "Order: crumbedsausage $crumbedsausage\n"
. "Order: chucksteak $chucksteak\n"
. "Order: cornedbeef $cornedbeef\n"
. "Order: dicedsteak $dicedsteak\n"
. "Order: filletmignon $filletmignon\n"

I want to only send the message if the submitter enters an amount in the
form for the corresponding variable, instead of having a bunch of empty
messages.  So I have been trying to use the empty() function as such:

. if empty($beefolives){''} elseif (isset($beefolives)) { 'Order: beefolives
$beefolives\n'}

But I am getting the error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF

Thank you
--
Gary

database 5699 (20101213) __________