On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 03:10:56AM -0800, Sam Smith wrote:

> Searching for "PHP CRUD" in hopes of learning the best way to access
> databases and to use PEAR or what I came across PDO.
>
> I want to know the communities opinion of PDO: everyone uses it or no one
> uses it or it's great or what?

I use PDO within a class which handles various housekeeping (error
handling etc.) for everything. PDO handles all the popular RDBMSes (as
far as I know). It can also "sanitize" queries to avoid SQL injection.
Simple interface. It's also part of PHP, meaning it's well tested and
solid.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster