On Dec 16, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Paul M Foster wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 08:19:52AM -0600, Nicholas Kell wrote:
>

>> Couldn't we just have a reply-to address for the list in the header of
>> the email? So all a fella had to do was hit reply, and it would work?
>>
>> This is how the Apache and the MySQL list works. The PHP list is the
>> only list that I have to manually edit my reply every time.
>>
>> For example, I hit reply all on this message, it is now replying to
>> Daniel, and CC'ing Sam and the php-general.
>
> Lists to which one does not have to be subscribed to post are often set
> up this way. My local Linux users group list does it the way you
> suggest, because it's a closed list.
>
> But the originators of any list set up things the way they believe is
> best, and there's no benefit to arguing about it. There are heated
> arguments about both ways of setting up a list, just like there are with
> top- and bottom-posting. The final authority is the list admin for the
> list you're posting to. And he's generally unsympathetic to opposing
> viewpoints.

Sorry if I came off as argumentative, I didn't intend for that. I absolutely
agree that the admin has last word and generally unsympathetic to opposing
viewpoints.

I am compliant.

Let me give a formal apology to the list, for unscrewing the cap off the can of
worms.

I apologize, and you wont hear another word from me on this. Since, it is,
after all not a big deal to me. It's just an email list. This list has brought
better things to the table for many people than chattering about email list
preferences.