Hi!

I have an app that needs to be created, and it is all running on linux.
I am sure I shoulnd't really write it using PHP, but it's kinda what I
know, and am familiar with... so I am thinking about doing with PHP.

Anyway, for simplicity sake, i am creating a pdf through php (no
problems there) and it needs to be printed.  I've never done printing on
linux, but is there an easy way to send the pdf print job via command
lines to the local (or network) printer?

a friend of mine said "postscript" or "cups", but I am not familiar with
them, so I thought I would ask you GURU's here :)

thank in advance!

Steve