On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 16:02, David Armstrong <darmstrong...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I modified the php.ini in both the apache/bin directory, and also the php
> directory.
> Is there some way to get a trace of the code execution?  The SMTP log files
> are completely worthless.  They do not show any sort of connection attempt.

>>    Per list rules, please hit "reply-all" and post your response
>> below the quoted email in the future.  Thanks.

    You can do a debug_print_backtrace()[1] call right after the call
to mail(), or you can use a profiler like Xdebug[2].  You can also
check the Apache error log to see if anything popped up.  It'll be
more helpful if you have error_reporting set to E_ALL, mind you.  If
you just want to see if mail() is encountering any errors itself, wrap
the call in an `if` condition block:

<?php

if (!mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers)) {
    die('Call to mail() failed in '.__FILE__.'#'.(__LINE__ - 1).'.'.PHP_EOL);
}
?>

--
</Daniel P. Brown>