On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:01, Joshua Kehn <josh.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are you writing a command line application in PHP? I would think that is
> starting off on a very wrong foot.

    I would not be exaggerating to say that I've written over a
thousand command line applications in PHP since about 2003.  For a
variety of reasons and uses (more and more because my wife needs
something done or I'm adding more home automation stuff) I write no
less than ten each week.  For the majority, it's because it's easier
than writing it in C and more portable than Bash --- I can write a PHP
script and put it on a dozen machines at home and in the offices and
it'll work the same (when written properly).  No need to worry about
OS or architecture.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager