On Jan 16, 2011, at 1:26 PM, tedd wrote:

> Hi gang:
>
> In the past we talked about PHP tutorials, but I don't remember if there was
> a single clearinghouse/link for them or not -- is there one? If not, what do
> you recommend?
>
> Disclaimer: This is a clear solicitation by me for help with my PHP class. I
> will be teaching this class at my local college starting this semester.
> Please realize this is the first time my local college has considered PHP
> anything of importance.
>
> In the past, the college has been totally ingrained in .NET (i.e., APS, VB,
> C#). They believe their focus should be teaching students what the Corporate
> World wants and those needs have been defined by the State of Michigan and
> General Motors. Considering that neither of those institutions are
> financially solvent, other avenues are being considered.
>
> I know I can Google for "PHP tutorials", but I am looking for recommendations
> from this list as to which tutorials/references are the best.
>
> Thanks,
>
> tedd
>
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com/

I have always had good luck http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

I guess it would depend on what topics you want to cover. Do the students have
prior programming experience? HTML / CSS / JavaScript (other frontend web stack
language) experience? Do you want to do simple junk (submit form, view results)
or more complex actions (database involvement, basic CMS, authentication
systems)?

Regards,

-Josh
Joshua Kehn | josh.k...@gmail.com