From: Christopher Ostmo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 5:11 PM
To: Jack Dempsey
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Need help with formatting time

Jack Dempsey pressed the little lettered thingies in this order...

> $hours = $time / 60;
> $minutes = $time % 60;
>
> if($hours >= 12){
>  $meridian = 'pm';
>  $hours -= 12;
> }
> else{$meridian = 'am';}
> if($hours == 0){$hour = '12';}
>
> echo "$hours:$minutes$meridian";
>
> try something like that...haven't tested it, but it should be close...

That's a lot of code!

Use date() and mktime() and PHP will do all of this for you in one line.

See my previous post on the subject. I sent *tested* code that will fit
on
a single line and will do exactly what the above is doing.

Christopher Ostmo
a.k.a. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AppIdeas.com
Innovative Application Ideas