Brad Broerman wrote:
Essentially, they all require Flash or Java...

You are generally talking about two different sides of the client/server relationship.. unless you are talking about Applets, right?... so I have an issue with the statement. If jquery does one (as mentioned), it's likely not Flash nor Java.

I'm not trying to be an arse or anything, but I don't see it being that limiting. I do think it's difficult to recommend a progress meter when there is not a lot of
info given of what is being metered. If you need to meter the processes
for javascript, then you'd likely use javascript, if you need to meter
a server-side intensive task, then you could use a server-side method, or a combination of things.

It all comes down to a pretty graphic to watch while your waiting for a task to finish. ;-)

Donovan

--
D Brooke