From: Jason Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: PHP Users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 11:51 AM
Subject: [PHP] Fw: Data from SQL to a string in a useable format

Ok, never got a reply yesterday, so I figured I'd resend this.....  can this
even be done?
__________________________________

How can I pull my data from my SQL db, and store it as a string so that it
can be used? Specificly, I'm working with images.

When the images are stored in the database, the only pre-processing that is
done is:

$img = addslashes(fread(fopen($userfile, "r"), filesize($userfile)));

(* note: $userfile is the file identifier from my upload form.)

I want to pull the data out of the database and store it in a string, so
that I can use imagecopyresampled to create a thumbnail, but I just can't
seem to get it to work....

please help!!!!!!

Thanks,  Jason