On Jul 5, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
Have you looked into using Evolution as an email client? It's what I use
on Linux, and the last time I checked there were Windows binaries
available for it. It connect to MS Exchange Server if that's what you
use in the office, it's completely free, and it lets you set up your
posting options very easily. It also looks very similar to Outlook,
although it behaves itself a darn sight better, and tends not to crash
or drop connections as much as Outlook, oh and there are the added
security benefits you get when you realise that email viruses tend to be
targeting MS products!

This may or may not be an option for people -- when I was working at a business, I did not get to have a choice about what email client I used, nor much choice about any other software. In fact, I was chastized for loading cygwin onto my laptop because it wasn't an authorized piece of software. However, I learned long ago to only use my work machine for work emails, and had other systems for getting at email and Usenet and the rest of network that did not involve the use of my employer's machine and software.