Yeah, that was my answer and I was rebuked for that.

ad...@buskirkgraphics.com wrote:
>> -----Original
Message-----

From: Dave Wilson
[mailto:dai_bac...@hotmail.com]
>> Sent: Wednesday, July 06,
2011 10:11 AM
>> To: php-general@lists.php.net

Subject: Re: [PHP] Constants in strings

>> On
Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:56:21 +0100, Stuart Dallas wrote:

My guess is that the preceding $ causes PHP to interpret the next
>> token
>> > "{XYZ}" as a variable or a
constant, but without that preceding $ it
>> has
>>
> no way to know you're trying to use a constant. As Curtis points
out,
>> > the only way to insert a constant into a string is
through
>> > concatenation.
>> >

> -Stuart
>>
>> OK. I should have made myself
clearer - I was making an observation
>> with

regards to constant parsing in strings rather than looking for advice.
>> My
>> bad.
>>
>> My third
example showed that "{${XYZ}}" would echo the value of the
>> variable called the value of XYZ:
>> <?php
>> define ('XYZ','ABC');

$ABC="huh!";

>> echo
"{${XYZ}}\n";
>> ?>
>> Output - huh!
>>
>> We could easily re-write the 'echo' line above to
be:
>> echo "{${constant('XYZ'}}\n";
>>
>> But my example shows that PHP *is* accessing the value of a
constant
>> without any jiggery-pokery or hacks (e.g.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/

language.types.string.php#91628) as it is retrieving the value of ABC
>> from the XYZ constant and then looking for a variable of that
name.

>> I admit that I'm no C coder but it may
be possible (note, the word
>> "may")

that a change of code within the PHP source tree will allow us to use
>> something like echo "{{XYZ}}" to access the constant
value.

>> Cheers

Dave

visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

> define('DIR_JAVA', '/js/');
>
> When you need to
use the JavaScript directory you can do this.
> <script
src="<?php echo DIR_JAVA .
'jquery-1.5.1.js';?>"></script>

There is no true need for the curly brackets to echo out the value of
the