From: Tom Malone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 3:03 PM
To: PHP Users
Subject: [PHP] PHP vs Perl question

I'm pretty new to programming - besides JavaScript, PHP is really the
first
language I've used.
I'm just wondering, and I'm sure you all would know - should I learn
Perl?
Is it considered a necessity for a web developer to know Perl, or is it
not
a worthwhile endeavor, considering how easy PHP is to learn and use?
Someone
I know told me not to bother, but I just wanted a second opinion.
(BTW - if you think it is worthwhile to learn Perl, what is a good book
begin with?)

Thank you!
Tom Malone