For the first one, it may be that zend studio does have an internal script to
do the job. Check the general preferences tab, template stuff. Please note that
<?= is also valid and should be replaced to "<?php echo" instead. Also the
short if version "1 == 1 ? True : false" should be replaced if i'm correct.

Second question: zend studio displays all variables used by a script by
clicking the arrow next to te file name. If you want to display it in runtime,
you can:
print_r($GLOBALS);

Sent from my iPhone 5 Beta [Confidential use only]