Hello,
I have been trying to get some stuff encrypted, sent by mail to another
machine and then decrypted on the other end by a perl script. I am using
base64 encoding to convert the encrypted data into ascii for transmission
over email. However, the perl script at the other end which does the
decrytion ends up with garbage. I'm pretty sure that my syntax is right.
I've tried using both Blowfish and TripleDES in PHP4. Here is a sample of
the code:

$enc=mcrypt_cbc(MCRYPT_TripleDES,$key,$msg,MCRYPT_ENCRYPT);
$encoded= base64_encode($enc);

$encoded is then sent by mail to the perl script.

BTW, PHP can descrypt the encrypted data but not perl. And when I encrypt
with perl, PHP can not decrypt it.

Does any one have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
Paul