On Oct 27, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> Yes, I just ran a quick test PHP script without any execute permissions set
> at all, only rw-rw-r-- and it ran just fine, suggesting it is just an
> argument as Larry said.
>
> I don't think Apache needs execute permissions set on PHP files or pages
> either, only read rights.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Ash

Ash:

You answered a question I wasn't prepared to ask, which was "How can php
scripts be executed when their execute permissions aren't set?"

That question begged the question of "What does execute mean?"

I find the topic of permissions complicated when they can be overridden
elsewhere.

Thanks,

tedd

t...@sperling.com