First, get another text editor.  Since you're in windows, choose either
editplus, textpad, ultraedit32, homesite or some other one, a list can be
seen here :

http://www.itworks.demon.co.uk/phpeditors.htm

Although that's not a major deal.  More importantly (and actually related
to the topic), you need a web server and PHP running somewhere, either your
local computer or a web host.  The easiest way to install all of this
locally to your computer is to install via a installation package, see :

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Installation_Kits/

PHPTriad and Nusphere are popular, some others too.  This is a good start.
 Most likely you'll find yourself installing PHP, Apache, MySQL and some
other stuff.

If your scripts will not be on your local computer then you'll need a place
to call home (a web host), check out :

Free PHP friendly web hosts :
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/4058/fid/27

Better yet, find one that costs money :