On 24 Jan 2012, at 16:53, Al wrote:

> Now, how about having the "some very talented folks" fix the severely
> restricted access to the NNTP server. Rarely can I download more than about
> 10 topics without a time out.
>
> Per your request several times over at least 2 years, I've filed bug reports.
> The problem still exists. Though until about a week ago, it was a little
> better.

If it's that important to you, offer up some cash and I'm sure one or more of
those very talented folks will jump on making it better according to your
timescale. In the meantime please understand that nobody is getting paid to
improve the NNTP server, and since it's in no way a priority it lives at the
bottom of a very large pile of things to do.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd