On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 14:16, Tedd Sperling <tedd.sperl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As to placing an additional requirement (i.e., being predefined) on the
> definition as to what constitutes a SuperGlobal is outside my understanding.
> As such, I must defer to the PHP Manual, namely:
>
> http://php.net/manual/en/language.variables.superglobals.php
>
> This document clearly states that $GLOBALS is a SuperGlobal -- what am I not
> understanding here?

    You are understanding it correctly, the only thing that's missing
is the population.  The variables are defined (set), but not all are
populated.  $GLOBALS is a superglobal, you're right; globals set from
userland scripts are not superglobals, but do wind up in the $GLOBALS
array.  Thus, all superglobals are globals, but not all globals are
superglobals.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager