I Just wrote a page that does basic file management.  For the Delete part I
used

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function confirmSubmit()
{
var agree=confirm("Deleted Files Cannot Be Recovered.  Are You Sure?");
if (agree)
 return true ;
else
 return false ;
}
</script>

In my <Head> and

<Input Type=submit name=submit Value="Delete" onClick="return
confirmSubmit()">

In my form.  I think that should do what you want.
Sheridan