Greetings, all;

    Have you ever wanted to get directly involved in the PHP project
in an official capacity, but don't have the time, resources, or
knowledge required to contribute to the core, documentation, or other
roles?  Did you know about our Official Mirrors program?

    Starting today, we are putting out an open call to all web
development firms, web hosts, ISPs, and academic institutions to apply
to our official php.net mirror waiting list.  And if you're
interested, please, read on.  If not, delete this email with extreme
prejudice and muttered profanity.

    We're presently undergoing a complete overhaul of the mirror
infrastructure, and will quite likely need to replace some of the
mirrors in some countries.  It's for this reason that we want to
invite others to join the program and help support one of the world's
most popular and most prolific open source projects in history.  Sure,
it's a short history, but still --- it makes for impressive
discussions at the pub, should you find yourself surrounded by
like-minded geeks.

    Who should apply?

    Any web development firm, web hosting provider, ISP, or recognized
academic institution capable of providing a LA*P server running PHP
5.3.10+ or PHP 5.4.0+ with at least 60GB bandwidth per month allocated
at 10Mbps or better, with the server physically located in the country
for which you wish to provide service.

    Who should not apply?

    Third-party sponsors, those who want to try to run the mirror from
their Blackberry, people without servers located in the respective
country for which they're applying, shared hosting clients, Droids,
Borg, Klingons, Romulans, toddlers, and the gum disease known as
"gingivitis."

    Want to know more?

    Please ask.

    Want to join the waiting list?

    Fill out the form at http://php.parasane.net/mirrors/waitinglist.php

    We now return you to your regularly-scheduled Friday, already in
progress.  Unless it's already Saturday in your time zone, in which
case you've been warped through a time-shift paradox.  Way to go.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager