the "5000" represent byter try making it 5000000 i.e 5 megabytes i think
the file you are trying to upload might be bigger than 5k and 5M is safe
you can keep the fileseize fixed to a large value to be safe. and instead
all the fancy code just try the move_uploaded_file() command to see if it
works
Good luck!

--
Saquib Farooq