On Aug 27, 2012, at 12:08 AM, Rosie Williams <rosiemariewilli...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am a newbie to PHP. I have several php forms which were originally on
> separate pages now included in the one page. Each form had the following code
> in it:
> function mysql_fix_string($string){   if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) $string =
> stripslashes($string);    return mysql_real_escape_string($string);}
> function mysql_entities_fix_string($string){  return
> htmlentities(mysql_fix_string($string));}
> However I am only able to include it in one of the forms on the new page with
> multiple scripts due to the fatal error that I can only declare the function
> once. So for testing I have commented these lines out of the other scripts. I
> need to know what the security implications of this are? Do the scripts that
> do not contain these lines run without it or is it included automatically
> every time the database is accessed regardless of which script is accessing
> it?
> If not how do I deal with it?
> thanks in advanceRosie

My advice -- place your common functions into one file (i.e., functions.php)
and:

include_once("includes/functions.php");

At the start of every script that needs any of the functions contained therein.

As for rolling several forms into one, here are some of the ways I do it:

http://sperling.com/php/step/

http://sperling.com/php/submit/

Cheers,

tedd

PS: If anyone see's anything in error, please feel free to correct me. As a
very talented harmonica player once said "Sometimes I suck and sometime I blow."