From: Greg Schnippel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 July 2001 14:48
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Mysterious MYSQL Error..

I'm stumped on this one.. I set up PHP 4.04/Apache/Mysql 3.23
on my Windows 98 box for development purpouses. Its been
working flawlessly for 2-3 years now (using the same
configuration files, etc).

However, as of 3 days ago, i can't get it to execute a simple
"select * from table query". Here's the code I'm using:

$query = "select * from $this->table where $this->primary_key='$record_id'";
$result = mysql_query($this->database, $query);
echo mysql_errno().": ".mysql_error()."<BR>";

and the query that it sends to the mysql database is

"select * from article where article_id='1'";

However, mysql fails to execute the query. Result returns
nothing and the echo command returns:

errno: 0
mysql_error_text: ""

??!? I've tried everything to get it to display any more information
as to why its breaking but nothing works. I even uninstalled and
reinstalled all of the packages, thinking it had something to do
with a windows dll file or something annoying like that but no luck.

Any ideas? Anyone encountered a problem like this?

Thanks,

Greg