Hi,

We were thinking to implement the solution as "Stored Procedures"
> instead of a PHP solution that runs SQL queries, but an article in
> Coding Horro recommendeds to avoid SP for good reasons:

The article shows only one thing. that common practice should be to 'do
everything where it belongs'

If you implement this practice within your application, it becomes more
maintainable, more performant and easier to develop.

Also, to determine the styles used to write your code, is almost entirely
dependent on a few things:
* Programmer's preference
* The problem you are solving
* The standards that are commonly used in the environment you are in

Is there any benefit to use OOP in these situations?

Benefits of OOP are that it becomes easier to implement a more standardized
code structure, better match with reality, clearer code, more structure,
re-usability, and a modular design.
These can all be done in procedural code as well, the difference being you
need a different mind- and skillset.

HTH

Kind regards/met vriendelijke groet,

Serge Fonville

http://www.sergefonville.nl

Convince Microsoft!
They need to add TRUNCATE PARTITION in SQL Server
https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/417926/truncate-partition-of-partitioned-table