Except that I want to use my script and form - precisely because I have already sunk time into it. I'm not going to sink *more* time into something that could potentially create *another* problem.

I want the script to work - as it should if PHP is 1/2 what it's cracked up to be. If not, I'll have to look for another solution (like C which I have been using for 20 years).