On May 20, 2013, at 10:17 PM, Daevid Vincent <dae...@daevid.com> wrote:
Initially I was thinking that somehow I could use a simple regex on the
> needle and haystacks to strip out all white space and str_ireplace() them
> that way, but then I don't have a way to put the whitespace back that I can
> see.

Daevid:

Go ahead and strip out the whitespace, but replace it with a delimiter string
that is unique and then don't consider that delimiter when comparing strings to
strings.

Afterwards, if you want to keep the string (instead of deleting it), then
reverse the process adding back in the whitespace and removing the delimiter.

Also, you may want to look into using array_unique() for comparing groupings of
several strings (i.e., paragraphs) to other groupings. It works pretty slick
for me.

Cheers,

tedd