hey-

I want to select the oldest show from a database to display on my main page,
since the oldest show is also the show happening closest to any current
time(if that makes sense...). I included a timestamp field in my table of
shows in anticipation of checking that to find out what was the oldest.
however, I'm wondering how I should go about doing that exactly. my idea was
the scan through just that column of timestamps, find the lowest one, and
then make a selection from the db based on the timestamp. Can any give me
some examples of code to scan through a column like i mentioned, or give me
better ideas on how to do this??

thanks
chris