I have 2 machines running OpenLDAP, one as a master directory and the other
as a slave.  I have the master directory replicating to the slave machine
and the slave machine is set up to refer the master url back to the client
when the client attepts to update the slave.

The machines seem to be doing their bit, but how do I get my PHP scripts to
follow the referral sent back from the slave?

The ldap_errno returned is 9 and I could, perhaps, get the script to take
action based in that, but how would I grab the referred URL.  I could, of
course, just make sure that the script points to the master directory, but I
wondered if there are any other choices avaiable to me.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Derek