On 4 Aug 2013, at 14:36, Farzan Dalaee <farzan.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to inspect each visitor to show how online or who offline for chat
> Like facebook chat

PHP sessions is a really bad mechanism to use to accomplish this. In the past
I've used memcached or redis for presence indicators. Both allow you to set
keys that expire after a set period. The problem with this is that a user can
appear to be online for up to "set period" seconds longer than they actually
are.

In the system I'm currently building I've got a node.js daemon to which the
browser connects. That daemon exposes an API that the rest of the system can
call to get lists of online users, which is easily gathered since it's just the
list of connected users. There is then no delay between the browser closing the
connection and the daemon deciding that user is no longer online.

If you have a chat system I'm curious as to how it works, since presence is
usually tied closely to how the client is detecting new messages.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas
3ft9 Ltd