Along with help from Josh Hoover, (*thanks again Josh*), I was able to find
a fix for this problem.  There must be some sort of bug with IIS and PHP.
Everything was set up correctly and I was pointing to the correct the
correct path for the cgi .exe file.  However it didn't start working for me
until checking "Check that file exists" in the "App Mappings".  This fixed
the problem after HOURS of troubleshooting.

Phil