In article <079201c1151f$ec6472e0$6500000a@cicse>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Clayton Dukes) wrote:

> Can someone tell me why this doesn't work?
>
> $home street = ereg replace (" " , "+" , $home street);
>
> The input is "123 happy trail"
> I need the output to be "123+happy+trail"

Using an ereg here is overkill.  $home_street=str_replace(" ","+",$home
street);

As to why it's not working as-is...  The syntax is fine, so it must be
failing because there are no matches to replace.  Either you don't have
spaces in the string (could they be "&nbsp;" instead?) or you don't have a
space in that match string (is it a tab instead?).

--
CC