Probably necessary to have a customised browser or other solution - i
haven't seen any that explicitly interface to a gps device for lat/long
co-ords.

You cannot triangulate position using wap - the phone company does it by
triangulating the position of the cellphone

(Very simplified explanation here)
GSM cellphones transmit a 'i am here' signal every few seconds, minutes etc
(dependant on phone settings)
It waits for a response from a cell tower, the strongest one to respond is
used.
On some nokia phones (and motorolas) you can turn on the engineering menu to
have a look yourself.

The phone company can look at the celltower stats and work out from response
times what cell you are in.  By using triangulation they can pinpoint you
down.  This is not available for the general public though.

I haven't worked with GPS devices so I can't really point you at any people
- garmin is a big name though.

I do know some gps devices have serial inputs for reporting position, you
could write code interface to that and use some method to transmit that info
back.  WML is not the only solution.  CDPD is also available in most
countries.
I use that here in China for internet on the go.  For low bandwidth
solutions, its not too bad.

You could possibly end up with a iPaq or similar, a GPS module for that, and
a wireless modem for your solution.  Would be expensive though, and does
incur monthly costs.

Not sure what your application is, or volume though.

Cheers,

Lawrence.