On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:13, elias wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Usually, Any AUTO_INCREMENT field in MySql table will have always an
> incrementing value.
> Now Suppose I emptied the table and then inserted one record, why not
> this record LAST_INSERT_ID is not '1' or '0' and why it is the lastid+1
> before I empty the table?
>
> Can't I reset that pointer w/ deleting the table and creating it again?

This is the php list, not the mysql list :-)

Again from the mysql manual (you should get a copy)

If you delete the row containing the maximum value for an AUTO_INCREMENT
column, the value will be reused with an ISAM, GEMINI or BDB table but
not with a MyISAM or InnoDB table. If you delete all rows in the table
with DELETE FROM table_name (without a WHERE) in AUTOCOMMIT mode, the
sequence starts over for all table types.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   You look like something the cat refused to drag in.