I've searched through the manuals and newsgroups but haven't found an
answer.  maybe someone on this list can tell me whether PHP will
automatically de-allocate filehandles and database connections upon script
termination?  i.e. do I always need to call fclose() and mysql_close()
before the script ends when I've called fsockopen() and mysql_connect()?

thx - e