You have received a number of responses on this.  Here is another.

When assigning text or html in a variable (or for echo) it is generallly a good
idea to use single quotes and exit for variable insertion.  That way you don't
have to worry about missing one or two errant HTML wuotes.

For example
echo '<P align=center>Your feedback has been sent to
<a>href="mailto:$address";>'.$name.'</a></P>';

is perfectly valid, and I have found that this method tends to work better with
HTML editors as well (with PHP support)

as a side note;
If you are fond of GUI interfaces like Drwamweaver, you may want to exit and
reenter PHP tags to allow you to continue to edit the page in these GUI editors
instead of using echo.

For example
<P align=center>Your feedback has been sent to <a>href="mailto:$address";><?PHP
echo $name; ?></a></P>';

this is especially usefull when creating multiple nested tables or otherwise
sloppy HTML editing since you can usually edit the PHP tag directly from the GUI
HTML editor

Dave