On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 11:43:44AM -0400, Chris Anderson produced this golden nugget:
> When I try and configure php 4.0.6 I get the following msg:
>
> checking for flex... lex
> checking for yywrap in -ll... no
> checking lex output file root ... ./configure: lex: command not found
> configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
>
> can anyone help?

Easy...
You haven't got lex installed, or it's installed in a strange place (ie.
configure can't find it).

What does whereis lex (or locate lex) tell you?

--
Andreas D. Landmark / noXtension
Let us live!!!

You first.