My guess is that it is working, just not like you'd expect.  You're
generating HTML, so if you want a new line to be displayed in your HMTL
document you need to do
echo "Hello there<br>";
instead of "Hello there\n";

\n will give you a pretty new line if you look at the source of the page

Keith Jeffery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]