I've made some scripts that let a user work on a MySQL database via the
web. When a web user clicks a button in an HTML form, a new page is
loaded which runs PHP scripts which in turn manipulate the database
accourding to the users's request.

However I'm worried that the scripts may halt if the web user halts the
database "corrupt" due to incomplete manipulation. I'm also worried the
same could happen if the web page is not successfully loaded due to
network problems.

So to the real question:

Does PHP always finish off the execution of scripts, or does that depend
on whether the web page is indeed successfully loaded?