Here's something I use for a date string that looks like mm/dd/yyyy to
turn the date into an age from the current date.

$age = explode("/", $bdate);
$userage = date("Y") - $age[2];
if($age[0] > date("m") || ( $age[0] == date("m") && $age[1] > date
("d"))) { --$userage; }
if($userage > 50) { $userage = ""; }

I did not compensate for leap years, however. You could use my code,
and it should work fine, but the first line where I do an explode,
you'd have to change that to turn your date string into #'s like I
use..

> does any one know where i can get a script that will convert a
birthdate in to an age.  i have one half written however i have
incounter difficulties with dealing with leap years.  perhaps soem one
would know the solution  . ..  or just a premade script is fine

> $test = strtotime ("January 12, 1944");
> $test2 = strtotime ("January 9, 1954");
>
> $oneyear = 3600 * 24 * 365;
>
> $diff = $test2 - $test;