ok, can i do this?  build it with all the
--enable-blahs,  so i wouldn't need to recompile
apache since it already knows about php (i would use
the same version).  would this be a mess?  redhat
installs in wierd places.  i installed php from the
source in 6.1 and it worked fine.  now, it seems all
the php files are everywhere.  would --force take care
of this?  i really want to do the smallest work
possible.  thanks again.