At 07.08.2001 13:06, Renze Munnik wrote:
>Ahh.... see, that wasn't clear in the question. Yeah... that's true.
>Pain in the ass those proxies. They're also realy useful while
>testing your (dynamic) site. NOT!!! "Hey, what's this? I thought I'd
>realy changed that error. How's this possible?", "Didn't I just
>change the background-color? Why is it still the same?"
>BECAUSE THE DAMN PROXY DOESN'T WANT TO SHOW YOU THE NEW VERSION.
>No... cache, cache, cache... Damn things always come up with pages
>that are (way) to old!

1) proxies should cache dynamic content
2) proxies should not retrieve from cache if the request is a force-refresh
3) proxies should not cache any content which URL includes "?"

Sounds like you've got yourself a poor proxy there, I've certainly never
seen any problem with developing through my proxy, apart from those pesky
doubleclick ads seem to disappear.... wonder why...

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.: