[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eduardo Kokubo) wrote:

 > I think I saw a code to list the files, subdirectories and the files
 > in the subdirectories of a simple directory in this list some time
 > ago, but I didn't save it. Considering the quantitie of messages in
 > this list, It's quite dificult to find this specific code, so ask the
 > person who did it or someone else to write this code again.
>
 > I'm using this one:
>
 > $publico = ftp_nlist ($servidor, "public_html/publico");
 >     $cont = 0;
 >     while ($publico[$cont]){
 >      print "$publico[$cont]<br>";
 >      $cont++;}
>
 > This code doesn't show the files in the subdirectories and it requires
 > ftp connection. Not very efficient.
>
 > Thanks in advance.
>
 > Is there a problem if I just write "thanks in advance"??? It's easier
 > then writting back to thanks everybody :)

is this what your looking for?

function getDirContents($slashdir) {
    $dh = opendir($slashdir);

    while (($file = readdir ($dh))) {
        if (is_dir($slashdir . $file) && $file != "." && $file != "..") {
            getDirContents ($slashdir . $file . "/");
        } else if ($file != "." && $file != "..") {
            echo $file . "<br>";
    closedir($dh);
}

getDirContents("/test/");