> I'm trying to get a "working..." informational dialog or window going
> with my PHP page but I'm not getting anywhere.  Here's the situation:
>
> When the user clicks on a link that has to gunzip a very large file, I
> want a popup to say "Working..." while the file is uncompressing.
> Then, when the file is uncompressed, I want the "Working..." popup to
> close itself and then the parent window to load a new URL (where it
> will use the uncompressed file).
>
> I've tried doing this with Javascript and window.open(), but I'm having
> no luck. Any ideas?

You also need to use those layer thingies with DHTML or whatever...

I archived a sample somewhere...

Ah, here it is:
(This is somebody else's code, not mine)

============[ code ]============
<HTML>
..<header and stuff>...
 <BODY onload="
if (IE) {
  wait.style.display = 'none';
} else {
  document.layers['wait'].visibility='hidden';
}">
  <DIV style="position: absolute;
      left: 0; top: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%;
      cursor: wait;" id="wait">
   <TABLE border="0" width="100%" height="100%">
    <TR>
     <TD width="100%" valign="middle" align="center">
      One moment please...
      <BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
     </TD>
    </TR>
   </TABLE>
   </DIV>
..<the rest of the page (reason of wait screen) >...
 </BODY>
</HTML>

==========[ end code ]==========

NOTE:
You should change 'if (IE)' to something usefull. If you just
copy/paste this code, you'll get a javascript-error because IE isn't
defined (it is on my site, :-)).

* R&zE:

-- Renze Munnik
-- DataLink BV
--
-- E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- W: +31 23 5326162

--
WARNING [EMAIL PROTECTED] address is an endangered species -- Use
[EMAIL PROTECTED]