Can anybody tell me why this doesn't work in IE?  I need to force download
mp3 files instead of IE5.5 trying to apply a helper app.  This code works
fine for NN.

// detect for MSIE bug
if (strstr($HTTP_USER_AGENT, "MSIE"))
    $attachment = "";
else
    $attachment = " attachment;";

// stream file to user
    header("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");
    header("Content-Disposition:$attachment filename=$filename");
    header("Content-Length: ".filesize($tmp_file));
    header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
    readfile($tmp_file);